Awaken Consulting Limited (Awaken) works with a range of clients across a number of industry sectors to design, implement and maintain successful solutions to problems. Examples of our work include:
- Project start-ups are complex, dynamic and demanding. Awaken recently lead the non-technical risk management starts ups (including health, safety, security, environment, social performance and sustainable development) for exploration oil and gas new ventures in China, Qatar, South America, The Caribbean and North Americas.
- Awaken provides the field auditors to execute structured reviews of operational performance at global bulk storage facilities prior to acceptance by the trading arm of the worlds leading oil and gas super major.
- Awaken recently submitted to the United Nations in conjunction with a strategic partner an integrated proposal to review and improve global supply chain activities to the UN’s global military missions.
- Working for the largest Oil Major owned/operated shipping tanker fleet Awaken project managed the development of process safety and asset integrity major hazard bow ties using THESIS software. This included facilitating all HAZID exercises, QA / QC on output and the development of global implementation and training materials.
- In conjunction with staff of the International Energy Agency, Awaken developed emergency scenarios, planned a 3 day international event (with in-excess of 140 delegates from the OECD) and facilitated the final Emergency Response Exercise (ERE5) workshop.
- Awaken lead and facilitated 3 major incident investigations for the largest Oil Major shipping fleet, including the use of TRIPOD root cause analysis and causal learning. A key element of the investigation was applying sound evidence based assessment of learnings. In addition training and competence development of the team members was required.
- Awaken developed and delivered HSE competence training for the Trading and Shipping divisions of an oil major. Training was conducted face to face in Japan, UAE, Russia, USA, Singapore, London and The Netherlands.
- Awaken project managed the update of the global health, safety, environment, security and social performance competence framework for in excess of 3,500 staff within one of the worlds largest Oil Majors. The final framework was benchmarked against international competence standards and supported by comprehensive implementation and end-user documentation.
- Working with the largest UK P&I Club, Awaken updated and revised the major accident hazard bowties using BowTie XP software. The bowtie scenarios covered those high value occurrences and claims most frequently encountered in the global shipping industry. The output will be used by the P&I Club representatives in their assessment of ship board practices and with the ship owners to raise awareness and levels of control.